Beitrag von EricsBadge »

Thompson+Electric.jpg
Thompson+Electric.jpg (14.09 KiB) 3040 mal betrachtet
Artist: Richard Thompson
Title: Electric
Release Date: February 11, 2013 (U.K.)
Label: Proper Music
Format(s): CD, 2-CD, Vinyl, DD

Declared by Rolling Stone as one of the Top 20 Guitarists Of All Time and considered one of the UK's most outstanding songwriters, musician Richard Thompson returns with a brand new, guitar driven record titled Electric for Proper Records on Monday, February 11th. Richard's Electric Trio will be taking to the road for a major UK tour on Wednesday February 20th and will tour the USA starting in March.

Recipient of a BBC Lifetime Achievement Award, Mojo's Les Paul Award and curator of the prestigious Meltdown Festival at the Southbank in 2010, Thompson was most recently honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award for Songwriting by the Americana Music Association. Thompson says of his fellow trio members: "Michael Jerome has been with me for about 12 years. He's actually from Texas; he is a great musician, able to respond to anything that's put in front of him. Taras Prodaniuk worked a lot with Dwight Yoakam, and more recently with Lucinda Williams. His roots may be in country music, but he's another extremely gifted and versatile musician."

Track List:

Stony Ground
Salford Sunday
Sally B
Stuck on the Treadmill
My Enemy
Good Things Happen To Bad People
Where's Home?
Another Small Thing In her Favour
Straight and Narrow
The Snow Goose
Saving The Good Stuff For You